Community Health and Safety
- Are there communities in close proximity to the client’s facilities ?
- Have been there complaints in the past or could you imagine to see complaints from the communities in the future ?
- Has the client evaluated the risks and impacts to the health and safety of the affected communities during the project life-cycle (Including issues like client infrastructure and equipment safety, hazardous material release, transport and disposal considerations, natural resource use and community exposure to disease)?
- Will there be an emergency preparedness and response plan that sufficiently takes into account risks and impacts from project activities to local communities?
- Has the client designated contact persons within the organization responsible for receiving and responding to complaints?
Security Personnel Requirements
- Does the client engage security personnel at their facilities?
- Does the contract include a clause that binds the guards to respect certain guidelines on how to interact with communities?
- Are security personnel armed? If yes, has the personnel been trained?